BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Some Sad (and yet...happy) News!

I am sad, and at the same time excited, to announce that as of October 25....


I WILL NO LONGER BE A SMOOTHIE GIRL!

Ahem. At least, officially. I have given my two weeks notice and will be retiring from the smoothie girl profession (if all goes according to plan, permanently.) However, I will always be a devoted smoothie groupie and lover of all things delicious blended fruit drink. I will forever be a smoothie girl at heart and therefore, the title of this blog will not be changing!

And, in the happy/exciting news department....

I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!

Yes, you read the correctly. Now, you may be thinking "But Smoothie Girl, you already hold a bachelor's degree in "How to Be Nice to People" (a.k.a. Hospitality Management)". And you might also be asking, "Smoothie girl, in such a precarious economic situation, are you saying that a degree in being nice to people is not conducive to a successful, fulfilling, and wealth making career?"

No. No, it is not. I'm getting a second bachelor's degree in accounting (don't judge!) because after 7 years of dealing with people day, after day, after day, I'm thinking a job with a cozy desk and limited amount of human interaction and where I can wear cute dress-up clothes is just what I need. (Oh, and I kind of like accounting. But don't let that get around. I've got a reputation to uphold.)

8 comments:

C. N. Nevets said...

I won't let it get around. I ate this blog post after reading it.

C. N. Nevets said...

Also -- congratulations! That sounds like a great plan! :)

Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker and Mantua-Maker said...

Congrats! That sounds like a smart move. There are lots of advantages to a desk job.

I'm wishing you the best in your new journey.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on going back to school, and making a change that feels right for you!

Lydia Kang said...

Hey congrats on moving on to something that will be better for you! And just think, no more smoothies splashing onto your clothes or shoes!

Lindsay said...

Yay! Congrats. Just think of all the pretty new clothes and shoes you'll be able to get. :)

Danielle said...

@ C.N. - LOL! Thanks for your discretion, it is much appreciated :)

Thanks for all the support everyone!

barbmeyers said...

I am 100% behind you. (Just don't ask for money.) Congratulations on making the break.