BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wannabe Writers #37

Are you a wannabe writer? Sign up here.


Where I am in the writing process: Unpublished. And at the moment, distinctly unmotivated. I started a new MS last weekend (big mistake!). I now have 5 WIPs. FIVE!!! 2 finished, which have been shelved. 1 that is approx. 75% complete and is my main focus (Hellbound) and which I hope to edit and query. And 2 that are in baby stages and I hope to complete someday.

My current problem(s): Motivation. I've hit a wall with Hellbound and haven't looked at it in at least a week. It's soooo close to being done and I can't even look at it at the moment. I'm not sure what else it needs and I'm not looking forward to figuring it out.

My question this week: Do you work on multiple projects? Or do you write one book at a time?


8 comments:

amber d* said...

I do but not in the sense that I keep at them. It's more like I have a story going then I'll start a new one then bounce back and forth between them and more in likely not get any of it done. Yeah I suck.

Witless Exposition said...

I write on one big project at a time, but take breaks for shorter pieces. Don't feel bad about your break. I checked on my current WIP and saw that I hadn't added to it in 80 days. Wow, I suck.

Renae said...

I work on first drafts one at a time. But I will start a new ms once in the editing process. I get tunnel vision when writing a first draft and it's hard for me to go back and forth.

sarah darlington said...

I currenly have three WIPs going right now. I think it's probably a mistake and reason its taking me so long to finish anything. But it's what works for me. One of mine is probably about 75% done, like your's, but I also find myself hitting a wall with it from time to time and that's what the other 2 are for. I just back and forth between them all.

C. N. Nevets said...

I work on multiple projects, though in a more disciplined way than I used to. In order to force myself to complete one of my two novels, I put the other on an official back-burner so that right now I'm only working on one novel (Sublimation) and a short story for an up-coming anthology, as well as a tidying up a couple of quite short stories for submission.

Miranda Hardy said...

I like to focus on one novel at a time, but it doesn't work out so well. I get ideas and then start another project. I finished one novel and its been sitting in limbo, but now I am itching to go back to it. Good luck!

Unknown said...

For the most part, I focus on one novel at a time. If I get a new idea about a book, I write it down so I wouldn't forget about it. Usually, when I'm about 75% into the current wip, I start planning another book. I'd love to be the one who can work on more than one novel at the same time, but I'm just not the one. Can't have my focus pulled in too many directions. Now, if I wrote full time, I'd probably be able to do like, 2 projects...but not while I'm working a regular job.

Danielle said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments! It seems the consensus is that we have one main project and several others on the side. Glad I'm not the only one :)